Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Look Into the Life of Zeke Montgomery, Beholden







Zeke Montgomery

It is early Sunday morning and I cannot sleep. What can I do to make the situation better? I don’t understand what the hold-up is. I look over and Ziva is sleeping so peacefully. She is the love of my life. Even at 50, she is still the most gorgeous woman, in my eyes. I will do anything for her, and she knows it. Since the beginning of our courtship, she has never doubted it. There have been many opportunities for her to raise an eyebrow, at the women who throw themselves at me. Yet, she remains steadfast in her knowledge and dynamic of our relationship. I must admit, I would like to see a small fire of jealousy brewing behind her eyes, every now and then. Nonetheless, I am a blessed man to have a woman be so completely safe in her position. Her confidence is amazing. It always has been. It took a lot of personal ego boosting to get up the nerve to approach her, in the beginning. I was surprised she gave me the time of day, but I am so glad she did. I couldn’t ask for a better companion in my life. She is my rock! I wish she had something more to offer me, though, when it comes to the issue at hand. I want her to brainstorm with me and take up the charge to bring in more people. This is one area that she just seems to not understand. Ziva sees the glass as half full. She believes that more will come, in time. I am filled with anxiety and worry. She tells me to settle down. Whenever we talk about it, she takes my hands and kisses them and tells me to have faith. I have faith. I just want to see some results of all my hard work and dedication. This vision is my life’s work. It should be bigger than it is, by now. There should be more people. It smacks me in the face every time I stand up on the podium and see empty seats staring back at me. It is distracting. The vacancies are more disturbing than the lackluster participation of most of the congregants. I just want the seats filled, is that too much to ask for? I don’t think so. I have to do something…but, what?

Well, Ziva is stirring and the sun is beginning to rise. It is time to get up and begin to prepare for the morning. I’m just not feeling it today. I want to lay here and not have to face those empty seats. But, duty calls. I turn over and put my arms around my beautiful wife and watch her as she opens her eyes. A smile illuminates her face. I brush her beautiful chestnut hair with my hand and smile.
“I love you, Zeke.”
“I love you, Ziva.”

This inside look is taken during the first part of the book BEHOLDEN. See where this is going – http://inezreilly.wix.com/iamsproperty#!online-store/c1ztk

No comments:

Post a Comment