Sunday, January 20, 2013

I've Got The Words in Me





When you are on your chosen path there is little that can be done to get you off track. And you know when you are doing what you are ‘called’ to do; it courses through your veins like life’s blood. You eat, sleep and play your passion. You can bring everything back to what you love, no matter the topic. It can get so annoying to your family and friends, but it becomes a game to you – ‘Let me see how long it takes for me to divert this topic to my passion.’

Well, my passion is writing. I love it. I express myself best with words. I can woo a lover with words, just as easily as I can order off the breakfast menu, at McDonald’s. Not that I treat relationships so callously, it was merely an analogy. I have been writing since I can remember. I began to pen my life story before I reached age ten. I still have it and it has been over thirty years ago (I know, a woman should never tell her age). Writing is therapeutic. Writing is entertaining. Writing is meditative. Writing becomes my prayers. Writing is me. 

I’ve got the words in me. It doesn’t matter the situation or the topic, I can write about it. Not many people get that, but other writers do. They understand word play and how they run through the mind and how quickly a story can emerge. Writers write and we use words to express what lies deep within us. Our stories are our children. We conceive them in our hearts and minds; and they are birthed onto the screen or piece of paper. Words fuel the flame of our passion for writing.

Say it loud, “I’ve got the words in me!” Now get writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment