Monday, April 22, 2013

Day 4 was NO Day 3 - Where's the Meds?


Days 1-3 seemed to be tolerable as far as pain goes (perhaps due to the fact that I did not miss a dose of oxy). The major issue is the squirts of liquid that are attempting to shoot into my nose. Other than that, day 3 was uneventful. Still not eating, but hey ... I can stand to miss a meal or 9 (LOL).

I had not been sleeping well, as lying down is uncomfortable due to breathing issues. Last night, I get to sleep waking periodically to sip on water. I even slid down, a bit, to get a bit more comfy. What a BAD choice. I missed my pain meds, last night and I woke up in some crazy pain. My tongue, my gums, my jaw, my ears, my throat and my neck hurt. There was swelling and so much discomfort that I was annoyed that I chose to sleep over taking the meds. I will not make that mistake again, tonight.

The back of my throat looks like a dandelion convention. My uvula is swollen and looks attached to my tonsil bed. I didn't know what all that 'white' stuff was ... did some reading and it appears to be scabbing.

I took pain meds without thought of coating stomach, because my mouth felt so horrible. My temperature got up to 100 degrees, today and I just felt like crap. After 3 doses of meds, the pain seems to have gotten better. I am now back to my itching tolerable pain self ... smiling. OH yeah, my voice just sounds like I am congested. Doesn't hurt to talk, like some people have expressed. I feel fatigued, but that could be from the autoimmune issues. Ice packs, iced drinks and pain meds are my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment